June 15, 2008

Soccer Fever


When I was younger I used to watch a lot of soccer. Not just the national team, but also the Belgian league games. I don't anymore. BUT when there's a European Championship or a World Champion ship I do watch soccer. I love seeing all these countries compete and everybody dressing up in 'Their' colours. Unfortunately the Belgian team has been going through a rough patch the last couple of years and we aren't in the European Championship this year. One of the good things of having an Italian boyfriend is that noone is surprised I support the Italian team. Unfortunately they haven't really played very well. If they don't beat France on Tuesday and Romania wins against Holland, they are out of the Championship.
I have lots of Dutch collegues who are pushing me to support Holland together with them, but until the Italian team is out, I can't, I won't, I shall not.
After that... you could spot me wearing one of those (ridiculous) orange shirts...
Let's hope the Italian team stays in though, I wouldn't want to miss all those good looking guys in their tight shirts and shorts..
Because let's face it, when it comes to having cute soccerplayers, there is only one Champion and that's Italy.

No comments: