November 05, 2008

Can we just for a moment...yes we can!

Barack Obama will be the 44th president of the US of A. The first black president in America. They made him the symbol of many things..mixed races, change, a new image for America in the world after the last horrible 8 years of Bush.
The man sure knows how to deliver a victory speech. I particularly enjoyed this part :
''It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled ....''
And also McCain gave a very nice speech I think. I have to admit that I do respect that. Not necessarily for his VP pick, but he did lose like a winner.

Today the criticism already starts : What will change for Europe? Was McCain a better choice for world economy? Will Obama be able to commit himself to do all the things he promised?
I understand, people need to ask these questions and I think it's a good thing.
Ofcourse he will not be the answer to all the world's problems and will not only do good things. It would also be unfair to put so much responsability on one man.
But can we just for today.. maybe also tomorrow and next week.. have that feeling of Hope. That feeling that we are World Citizens. In a World where colour of skin, religion, sexual orientation, physical condition,.. does not matter and that we are all the same. That we are all people. And that we should just Love. Can you just leave me in my bubble.. just for today?

No comments: